Conventional wisdom is rarely wise! I have sold 100’s of homes in November, December and January by ignoring the crowd and expanding my marketing in the fourth quarter.
Here are the Top 10 Reasons that the 4th Quarter is a great time to sell:
1. People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers! No one who is “just looking” is out in the cold weather.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week! The Ron Wexler Team is working all winter every day!
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be in the market now to capture that market!
9. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays!
10. Interest rates are low so buyers qualify for more home and can spend more money. This is an advatage to your right now buyer and to you if you are borrowing money to purchase!
The Best Agents are still heavily engaged in meeting their clients needs, so the agents we work with that may have your buyer this time of year are usually the best deal makers. The part time and less engaged agents are off somewhere until February 1st!
If you are intereseted in getting the job done now anywhere in the country, call the Ron Wexler Team we will take care of your needs anywhere in the Chicagoland area and we will find you a TOP and fully Engaged Agent anywhere else you need help!